Sunday, June 1, 2008

Thank You Jan


This was a lot of fun to make. I work with a lady who is just so fantastic, I wanted to tell her thank you. I made this cup cake bouquet. I found a vase and put raffia on a Styrofoam ball.
I took one white cake mix and baked making 24 cup cakes. After the cup cakes were cooled a couple of hours I poked a whole in the center of the cup cakes and added strawberry jello just before it was set up. I used a better cream icing with strawberry flavoring.
I used a #128 icing tip. I started with my icing in the center of the cup cake and worked my way around the cup cake until I got to the edge. To get the cup cakes attached I used sucker sticks and poked in the Styrofoam ball and set the cup cake on them. It took 14 cup cakes.
Now if I can just get this to work and it well stay together for her?

No comments: